SPECIAL: Remembering 9/11
September 11, 2001 is a date that touches every American from coast to coast, recalling memories of a fateful day that placed thousands at the center of a terror attack. The personal stories that emerged from Ground Zero, the Pentagon, and Flight 93 bring to light the men and women whose courage and resilience have shown how humanity will always overcome fear.
Today World Footprints commemorates the anniversary of the terrifying attack that changed the world and brought heroes to the front-line. You will hear from survivors their first-hand account of the events as they experienced them. You will also hear from individuals who selflessly put their own lives at risk to rescue others. We will also share our own memories for the first time. We will always be united in memory! Guests include:
- Colonel Jeffrey B. Cashman, US Air Force: On September 11, 2001, then Major Cashman was one of the first US military pilots nationwide to take to the air on a domestic armed combat air patrol.
- William Layer, US Army National Guard: Was in his Pentagon Office in the D Ring (river side) at the time of the attack. Assisted in evacuation.
- Nicole B. Simpson: Worked on the 73rd floor in Tower II at the World Trade Center. She assisted in the evacuation of her staff. Nicole is a supporter of survivors and advocated on behalf of mental and financial assistance for the many individuals who are still affected by the events of 9/11. Note: During the month of September, Nicole is donating a portion of the profits from her book 9/11/01: A Long Road Toward Recovery to “Tuesday’s Children”
- Geof Morin, American Bible Society: Geof was in Pennsylvania on the day of the attack. He joined World Footprints to share how the American Bible Society was a first-responder of a different kind. The organization immediately sought to provide comfort and hope and created a small pamplet of scriptures that encouraged strength.
- Lauren Manning: When a wall of flame at the World Trade Center burned more than 80 percent of her body, Lauren began a journey of survival and rebirth that tested her almost beyond human endurance. Lauren’s story is detailed in her book Unmeasured Strength.
- JC Hayward, Anchor, WUSA 9 (CBS Affiliate in Washington, DC): JC was in Santa Monica, CA at the time of the attacks. Just two days prior, she had flown on American Airlines Flt. 77. JC shares her perspective from a journalist’s viewpoint and her observations and introspections.
- Don Diamont, Actor (Bold and the Beautiful): A native New Yorker but based in Los Angeles, Don sought to learn the whereabouts of his family. His story is an example of how 9/11 impacted everyone from coast to coast.
- Vincent Kam, Pentagon survivor (not pictured)
Book Your Stay Now in New York
Use the interactive map below to search, compare and book hotels & rentals at the best prices that are sourced from a variety of platforms including Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Vrbo and more. You can move the map to search for accommodations in other areas and also use the filter to find restaurants, purchase tickets for tours and attractions and locate various points of interest!