Countries with best minimum wage for student travelers
The minimum salary is an important government policy because it helps nations protect workers’ rights and ensure that they are well compensated for their sacrifices and efforts. While they are good, they are only set as a protection line where workers including students can negotiate for higher wages. Most international students aren’t aware of the fact that minimum wage affects them regardless of whether they are working part-time or full-time. If you are an international college student who wants to travel and work, this article is for you. We are going to discuss the countries that you should choose to visit along your journey with a minimum wage.
The minimum wage for international students
The minimum wage is the minimum salary that you are entitled to earn as a reward for the services that you provide. This amount is usually set by the government and no one can breach the rate even if there is an understanding between the employee and employer. Therefore, the minimum wage is binding. There are a lot of free essay samples database that you can find online. You will be inspired by free online samples for students offered by WritingBros. Some of the factors that affect minimum wage include:
- Population – The population and demographics of a country affect the amount that a bread earner in every family earns. These demographics include birth rate, children in the family, male-to-female ratio, and death rate.
- Inflation – Inflation is the rate at which goods and services are going up in an economy. It usually affects the amount that is needed to afford the basic needs in life
- Basic needs prices – The current price of basic needs is observed to find out how much families need to spend at the moment to survive and thrive.
- Projections – Using the current price, standard deviation error projections are made to have a clear picture of the future. The fixing minimum wage is not easy. Hence, it is done periodically. These projections help the government fix a price that can keep up with inflation.
- Trade Union demands – The demands of labor trade unions are also considered by the government and checked to ensure that they make sense. When fixing the minimum wage, valid demands are usually taken into account.
Common types of minimum wage
In general, no country has a fixed minimum salary rate. This is because, at any moment in time in the economy, there are a lot of workers. To protect their earning rights together with other rights, a minimum wage is fixed for every type of worker. Some of the common types of minimum wage include:
- Rural minimum wage – This is set according to prevalent prices in the respective areas and the basic needs of rural workers.
- Urban minimum wage – This is usually higher than the rural minimum wage due to higher expenses of basic needs and commuter expenses.
- Skilled labor wage – If an employee can demonstrate to the employer their skills, they are automatically entitled to a higher minimum wage rate.
- Unskilled labor wage – It is usually lower than that of the skilled wage rate. And it is often applied to seasonal workers, apprentices, and blue-collar workers.
Best countries for students with minimum wage
Here are some of the best countries with a minimum salary that you should consider visiting as an international student:
- Australia – $14.54
- Germany – $10.68
- Monaco – $11.88
- New Zealand – $13.18
- France – $11.46
- United Kingdom – $11.37
- Belgium – $11.06
As a college student who is working, studying and traveling, you must know your rights. If you aren’t aware of minimum wage, it is easy to get compensated for way less than your worth. At the end of the day, you are working hard not only to develop important skills but also to improve the quality of your life.
In college, most students avoid to travel until they graduate and land their dream jobs. However, this is a huge mistake. When they graduate, they realize that they have a lot of responsibilities that hinder them from visiting different nations. You should travel a lot when you are in college. Since traveling can be expensive, you should consider looking for a part-time job in the countries that you plan on visiting as you study. Visiting countries with high minimum wages will not only help you get more money but also visit other parts of the world. When you do good work, you should be well rewarded. The countries that we have listed here are the best for you to visit and work in.
Book Your Travel To ANY Destination
Use the interactive map below to search, compare and book hotels & rentals at the best prices that are sourced from a variety of platforms including Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Vrbo and more. Search for ANY destination by clicking in the upper left corner of this map. You can also use the filter to fine tune your search, find restaurants, attractions and more!