Disney Attains New Land; No Mention For The Reason
Walt Disney World recently acquired 235 acres of land in the Orlando area but has not publicized what it plans to do with it.
Walt Disney’s subsidiary Compass Rose Corporation attained the land, which is located adjacent to the Disney Oak Trail Golf Course, which was bought from Lake Reedy LLC for $6 million. This isn’t the first time the corporation has bought land in the last few years. In January 2019, it attained more than 1,500 acres of land in the Osceola County community, and, in December 2018, it attained 965 acres of land from B-K-Ranch.
The announcement of these acquisitions comes with Disney about to launch new attractions and features at its parks in Orlando. Some of the new attractions coming to the theme parks in 2020 include:
- Four new neighborhoods for Epcot Center (World Discovery, World Nature, World Celebration and World Showcase).
- Tron-themed attraction, which is based on the movie franchise, is set to be added to Tomorrowland near Space Mountain. It’s said to be a coaster-type of attraction that will allow guests to ride a light cycle.
- New Cirque de Soleil show will debut in April 2020, paying respect to the company’s history of animation.
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser (hotel said to provide guests with a two-night vacation galaxy far, far away experience).
- Riviera Resort (new Disney Vacation Club).
Written by World Footprints contributor Susan Powell. Source: Travel Market Report
Book Your Travel To ANY Destination
Use the interactive map below to search, compare and book hotels & rentals at the best prices that are sourced from a variety of platforms including Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Vrbo and more. Search for ANY destination by clicking in the upper left corner of this map. You can also use the filter to fine tune your search, find restaurants, attractions and more!