“Don’t Buy the Cheap Tickets” and more tips from an airline insider
It is important to plan before you fly. Before you book an airline ticket, check if there are any restrictions that may affect your travel plans or the items you can bring on board. In this episode, we are joined by Kerwin McKenzie, an early-retired airline employee and a commercial aviation enthusiast who is focused on making your airline trips more enjoyable with the information he provides on passrider.com.
I’ve worked in the airline industry for 16.5 years and hold a Master’s degree in Aeronautical Sciences from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, known as the “Harvard of the Skies.”Kerwin McKenzie
Kerwin talks about passrider.com and how it helps airline staff, their families, and friends maximize their airline benefits. He also shares important airline tips that he’s gained from his experience of traveling around the world during the pandemic and the common mistakes people make when booking airline tickets. Tune in to learn more on this and other exciting topics!
[01:45]. Kerwin’s early introduction to airlines (at 9 years old)
[03:50] The journey to becoming an airline employee
[06:17] About passrider.com
[09:25] The travel benefits for airline employees
[11:56] Common mistakes that people make when booking airline tickets
[17:00] Advice to people flying internationally
[18:27] The experience of traveling during the pandemic
[21:11] The airlines that met Kerwin’s hygiene standards
[25:17] The country that Kerwin loves to visit the most
[26:26] Who would Kerwin like to sit next to AGAIN?
- “The common mistake people make when booking an airline ticket is buying the cheapest ticket. The cheapest ticket has so many restrictions.”
- “Airlines are kind of mean. They will give you a middle seat just because you bought the cheapest ticket.”
- “Know what your situation is. If you are taller and cannot fit in a regular seat, airlines are not going to change the size of the seat just for you.”
- “Be cautious when buying tickets on low cost or ultra-low-cost carriers because it may not be everything that it’s cracked up to be particularly with all the add on fees, right baggage fees, and so forth.”
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that airplanes take off against the wind, not with it.”
Connect with World Footprints and subscribe to our Newsletter and explore the world one story at a time.
Kindly leave us a 5-star review on Apple podcast or whenever you listen to podcasts.
Book Your Travel to ANY Destination
Search, compare and book hotels & rentals at the best prices that are sourced from a variety of platforms including Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Vrbo and more. Search for ANY destination by clicking in the upper left corner of this map. You can also use the filter to fine tune your search, find restaurants, attractions and more!